Posted April 16, 2019
POSITION TITLE: Church Accompanist
DESCRIPTION: Serves as resource person to support and coordinate worship activities of the congregation through instrumental music in consultation with Directing Pastor and Director of Music. As a member of Program Staff, meets with the Pastor, Director of Music, and others, as appropriate, to plan and coordinate worship and related activities. Plays a variety of musical styles for worship services and rehearsals.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Ability to read music and render on piano / organ / electronic keyboard, and to accompany choral or instrumental soloists and ensembles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepare hymns, service music, anthems, opening voluntaries, and adapt choir accompaniments to the appropriate instrument.
* Play at all regularly scheduled worship services.
* Play for weekly choir rehearsals, including occasional Sunday morning rehearsals of children and youth.
* Play for preparatory rehearsals before choir performance.
* Play for special services during the liturgical year.
* Arrange time as necessary to rehearse with soloists and ensembles.
* May determine a practice schedule and reserve the Sanctuary for that purpose.
* Arrange for substitute organist / pianist for times of vacation, illness, or personal leave.
Funerals and Weddings:
* Play at all funerals held in the church.
* Play at all church weddings and rehearsals, when required.
* Consult with wedding couple regarding selection of appropriate music for a church wedding.
* Guest organists / pianists shall be subject to approval by the church keyboardist / pianist / organist or Director of Music.
Organ and Piano Maintenance:
* Consult with Director of Music concerning the care, tuning, and repair of all keyboard instruments owned by the church
* Provide input for budgeting for maintenance needs.
WORK HOURS: Sunday mornings, mid-week rehearsals, & as required to fulfill duties.
EXPECTATIONS: Music will enhance the worship experience.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated proficiency on the church organ / piano / electronic keyboard.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED FROM MAY 1-31. Acceptable applicants will asked to prepare several pieces of music during hiring process.
Two Rivers United Methodist Church of Rock Island is seeking applicants to fill their Nursery Attendant positions. This position involves watching children 0–5 years old during our morning worship service and Adult Sunday school hour and straightening up the nursery afterward. Hours are Sunday mornings from 9:15 a.m. to approx. 12:00 p.m.
Must be at least 18 to apply.
For more information on the above listed position, please click on the position description below.
Click on the link below to print an application and mail to:
Two Rivers UMC, Attn: Brianna Pollock, 1820 5th Avenue, Rock Island, IL 61201